- SWERFs: I'm anti sex industry because I just want to help women! Sex work is sex trafficking!
- Sex worker activists: Except it's not, they're two different things and the key difference between them is consent and autonomy. It's like comparing farming with agricultural slavery. Also equating sex work with sex trafficking actually harms BOTH sex workers and sex trafficking victims. There are hundreds, if not thousands of sex worker activists and academic sex workers who are working hard to improve working conditions and destigmatize sex work while creating a world in which sex trafficking doesn't exist and sex trafficking victims can seek support and help. Also by attempting to define and disempower two groups of people when you belong to neither is speaking over people who are perfectly capable of speaking for themselves.
- SWERFs: Shhhhhhhh
- SWERFs: Stop talking, I can't refute all these points but I just know you're wrong.
- SWERFs: I know better than you because I am completely uninvolved in and ignorant about this industry. My ignorance makes me impartial.
- SWERFs: Why are you telling me I'm talking over you, I just want to save you.
- SWERFs: I'M HERE TO SAVE YOU STOP TALKING WHEN I AM SAVING YOU!
It’s high time
you let me try to be happy without you.
God knows you never let me be happy with you.
I won’t forgive you for this or anything.
you’ve never fought for me and my love the way I have fought for you and yours, partly because you would never work that hard for anything, but partly because I never made you have to.
you’ve never given me a reason to forgive you, no matter how hard I tried to find one.
"Jennifer Lawrence does not exist to fulfill my masturbatory fantasies. Jennifer Lawrence is not a thing to be passed around like a joint at a party. Jennifer Lawrence is a human fucking being. And she’s not my property, and she’s not your property, and we all need to back the fuck off."
―Jennifer Lawrence is not a thing to be passed around (Playboy.com)